By OYEWALE OYELOLA
By March 2023, the people of Gombe State would have opportunity to reelect Alhaji Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya as Governor. The election will hold after 45 months of Governor Inuwa led APC administration in Jewel in the Savannah State. This will give the people across eleven local government areas of the State opportunity to pass their verdict on performance of the People’s Governor.
No doubt, Governor Inuwa Yahaya has fulfilled his campaign promises amidst paucity of funds, COVID-19 pandemic and other challenges like fall in global oil price. Indeed, the populace believe Governor Inuwa is leading the state with the fear of God to justify his campaign slogan Nasara daga Allah (Victory is from God). He has been managing the resources prudently, handling issues with fairness and spreading dividends of democracy across the nooks and crannies of the state.
Below are 10 reasons why people of Gombe State should stick with Governor Inuwa Yahaya come 2023:
1. Prudent management and effective utilization of resources: Governor Inuwa Yahaya has been earmarking state resources on projects that have direct impact on the populace. The Governor has not been spending on frivolous activities, thereby saving more money to execute projects. His commitment to financial management has catapulted Gombe to eviable position on National Financial Sustainable index of budGIT, ICAN and World Bank.
2. Payment of inherited gratituy and pensions arrears: The Governor has released about N4billion to pay backlog of gratituy to retirees left by the previous administration.
3. Expanding of water supply with irrigation at Dandikowa dam
4. Economic Development: Governor Inuwa administration is boosting the state’s economy by establishing Industrial Park, providing support yo SMEs and creating friendly environment to attract investors. The state ranked first in National Ease of Doing business index, 2021.
5. Sustainable empowerment for women, youths, informal sector and vulnerable persons
6. Boosting State Internally Generated Revenue (IGR): The current administration has increased Internally Generated Revenue by blocking leakages and deploying technology for revenue collection.
7. Effective Local Government administration: Gombe State Governor ensures the local government is enjoying autonomy. He conducted local government election to allow citizens elect their leaders at the grassroots.
8. Massive Infrastructural development in road construction through Network 11-100, construction of blocks of classrooms and rebitalization and upgrading of health facilities
9. Enhanced State Security through establishment of Internal Security Ministry, the creation of Gombe State Traffic and Environmental Corps, operation Hattara , convening of first Gombe Security Summit among others
10. Giving every religion and tribe sense of belonging: Governor Inuwa Yahaya as the friend of ALL cleared outstanding debts of Christian Pilgrims Board, thereby giving Gombe Christians opportunity to travel for pilgrimage. He also appointed Special Adviser from South East to give non indigenes sense of belonging