University Firefighters Prevent Fire Outbreak At ABU Senate Building From Spreading 

Spread the love
A small room housing an electrical Distribution Board (DB)
at the ground floor of Ahmadu Bello University’s (ABU) Senate
Building at the Samaru Main Campus, Zaria was today
(Friday, 1st December, 2023) in the evening gutted by fire.
A statement signed by the Director, Public Affairs Directorate,
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)  Zaria, Auwalu Umar, dated
Friday  December 1, 2023 informed that the fire started around 4:15pm; and its cause could not be
immediately ascertained.
“No injuries or casualties have been recorded. However,
the Distribution Board and some obsolete public address
systems have been consumed by the fire.
“The timely intervention of the university firefighters and
security personnel saved the situation. In fact, power has
since been restored to the building,” it informed.
It informed that the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Kabiru Bala, was at the scene of the incident along with some management staff and
hundreds of sympathisers.
Meanwhile, the university management has raised a team
to unravel the circumstances surrounding the cause of the fire.
Prof Bala commended the university firefighters and
security personnel for putting out the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.